Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Funny little stories of Abby

So Abby is coming into her own now that she is a whole year old =) There are 3 little stories that I wanted to share.

"In Control"
So Abby is really fascinated with the remote control for the t.v. and she knows the difference between the VCR remote and the TV remote. She knows the VCR remote does nothing so therefore she will not be fooled into playing with that! And don't even try to give her, her toy remote - which by the way speaks 3 languages, sings, talks,etc. - still NOT good enough. So the other day she got a hold of the remote and managed to change the channel. It landed on a music channel which had the Beatles singing Twist and Shout. She was so excited with her selection that she started dancing with remote in hand. She would turn around to look at Joe and I with the biggest smile on her face. Then when I joined in to dance with her she was just cracking up! It was so cute. Of course by the time we got the camera she was pretty much done with the whole dancing part and had moved on to playing with her toys.

"O.C.D."
So there are times when I can see Joe come out in Abby. The other day I was putting laundry away in our room and Abby was with me "helping". I had put a basket of dirty clothes near the door to take downstairs and had emptied another basket that was full of folded clothes. So Abby began to take the clothes from the basket of dirty clothes and take them piece by piece over to the empty basket. If a piece of clothing did not make it all the way in the basket she would not leave until she had put it ALL THE WAY in. She was talking the entire time to herself because she did not notice I was watching her. I was just staring in amazement at how much time and effort she was putting into transferring the clothes. It was almost as if she was saying, "mommy you did this all wrong...I would have done it this way!"

"Kiss Me!"
The other day I went to pick Abby up from school and Joe has been doing it alot and he has a routine that he does with her (which I found out later). I went into the classroom and said Hi! and picked her up. Then I started talking to her teacher. Then I felt a hand grab my face and turn it to look at her then she gave me a big kiss! It was so cute. I was laughing all the way home about that. I asked Joe what he does when he picks her up and he always tries to give her a kiss when he picks her up. So being so routine like her father she was expecting the kiss =)

3 comments:

Stacy Allgood-Smith said...

Awwww!!! The "kiss" story was so cute, I laughed while having a tear in my eye because of the cuteness!

Caleb and Adrienne said...

LOVED the kiss story!

And is Joe O.C.D?? j/k

Caleb said...

By the way, it's spelled C.D.O. Alphabetical, the way it's supposed to be!