Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fleetwood Mac


Last Tuesday Christina gave me my birthday present early, tickets to go see Fleetwood Mac at the Verizon Center. Christina and I are both huge Mac fans and we even had "Songbird" as our Wedding Song as well.
My mom so graciously watched Abby and Christina and I went to our 1st concert together since college when we saw Bon Jovi.
We met up with my sister Angie and her husband Dave bc they are big Mac fans and have seen them before too.
Well I have to say the concert was AWESOME! We had quite a number of older folks come up to us and say "Aren't you all too young to be here", and we said "Not too young for this music that still affects our generation" well I didn't really say that, I just smiled and said "whatever you say Buddy".
There was no opening act, and they just walked out on stage and played all their greatest hits.
The Verizon Center was not built to hold big concerts as the acoustics were not the best, but you could still here them rocking out. We all had a great time, and unfortunately we did not get to here Songbird as Christine McVie was not on tour with them, but we did here one of the greatest songs ever, Big Love...

We only stayed at the venue until about 10:20ish as we still had to get up the next morning at 4:30 and it was about an hour commute home from the venue.

All in All, it was a great time together even though we would look at pics of Abby constantly on our phone bc we missed her so much, but it was much needed, and we loved it.

No comments: