Wednesday, January 7, 2009

4 Month Appointment

Abby had her 4 month appointment yesterday. She is a little older than 4 months but with the holidays this was the earliest appointment we could get =). I was really excited about this appointment (minus the 4 shots and an oral vaccine), because I could ask the doctor about introducing "other" foods and I also wanted to know how much our little chunk weighed. She came in at 14lbs 7.5oz and was 26 in long! So she was in the 75th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for height. She is growing like a little weed =) Abby loves the doctor that we go to. She always just watches what she does and smiles. It is just when the doctor leaves she knows what is about to happen to her and lets us know. She did very good this time with the shots. She just cried a little bit when she was getting the shots and this time we had kind of a slow nurse, so that just prolongs the pain. I love it when the nurses have the shots open and lined up and they just go a quickly as possible. This one was kind of fumbling around but Abby did a great job despite the slow pace.

The doctor was as excited as me about introducing new foods. We have to start out slow and steady introducing one new food (veggies first) every 4-5 days just in case she is allergic to anything. I got a baby food cook book for Christmas and I stopped by the library today to pick up another one. So before I start I am going to read up on some stuff first. It looks like the first food Abby will be trying will be sweat potatoes. mmm. We will have to video her reaction =). She has already been practicing with the rice cereal and has been doing great with the spoon and swallow technique!

2 comments:

The Townleys said...

you have to take the PMP too?? When are you planning to take it? I used the Cheetah course to help prep me and they did an awesome job! Good Luck!!!

Garner Gang said...

My company offers a training course and they also offer an incentive so that was the other reason why I was interested. I still need to figure out when I can find some time to study! Please tell me how you did that!