Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend in NC

Joe, Abby and I went down to NC over the weekend to go to the Kids Exchange (baby sale) and to celebrate my dad's RETIREMENT!!! I am still in denile that my dad is retired... it makes me feel like I have forever to go =) I have only been working for 5 years which by my dad's standards I still have about 30+ to go! Woohoo... The baby exchange was overwhelming but good. They had a lot of everything - toys, clothes, strollers, books, screaming kids, preggos, etc. They have another one in July which will have fall and winter clothes. I would suggest shopping for clothes on Sunday because everything goes 50% off! Jennifer went shopping for Abby (and me) and came out with about 15 outfits for $25! So that is a steal if you ask me.

We were actually able to surprise my dad. I really did not think that we were going to be able to pull it off. My mom and dad are ALWAYS together so it is hard to go shopping and be secretive, but I have to give it to my mom, she was able to pull it off. =) My Aunt and Uncle and cousin helped with the little white lies that had to be told to get him to the church, so thanks guys! We had the surprise party at my parents church. There were some people there from their sunday school and also family came from Greensboro. So we had a good time celebrating the occassion. My dad racked up on Golf Gift Certificates from his kids so he has something to do when he goes for visits ;)


My dad cutting into his huge cake. It tasted just like a twinkie! Yummy!

While we were in NC we were able to spend some time with the Weirs'! It is always a lot of fun seeing Ben. I think he grows an inch every time we see him. I don't know how keen he is about Abby in his territory. As you can see from the picture he is shoving Abby, and letting her know that, that is HIS MOMMY =)


"step away from my mommy" =) Can't you just feel the love!

Also while we were at the Weir's Joe had to ride his future bike. Don't worry in the picture the bike was not on, but Abby was prepared with her helmet =) I think she looks like a carebear!

"I don't know about this..."

We were also able to spend QT time with Aunt Jennifer and Declan! He is so cute and getting so big! Youjust want to squeeze him...He already rolls over and has been doing so since he was probably 2 months old. The little over-achiever! Jennifer said that she actually was a little perturbed the first time he rolled from his stomach to his back because she wanted him to have tummy time =) He showed her what he really wanted to do!


Little Old Man - He has the pants and the facial expressions down =)

No comments: