Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Polar Bear Plunge

So I decided to start out 2009 with some STUPIDITY!!
My younger sister, Jayna, myself, and a friend from church, Daniel, decided to do the annual North Beach Polar Bear Plunge. Basically what you do is on New Years Day jump into the Chesapeake Bay. Smart, right??

We all successfully did it, and might I add, Daniel and I went topless too!!
Let me tell you, it was extremely refreshing to go into the water, but man was it freakin cold.

On a sad note, I decided while I was running/waddling into the water to roll my ankle over. I was planning on going full into the water much farther up to prepare myself, but when I got about thigh deep in, my ankle buckled, and I as you would say, "Tipped Over".

I did something similar to my other ankle last year, but that was much worse and painful. Jayna said she saw me running into the water, then all of sudden I just fell over.

I got up, realized what I did, and hoped over to Christina for sympathy. My ankle got pretty swollen right when we got out of the water, and not so fun to walk on. As you can see there are not a whole lot of pictures after the run into the water, bc I was not very photo-genic at that moment.

We went over to the Ambulance just to make sure everything was ok, since they had one there, and he asked me if I was in any pain. I told him that I just ran into the Chesapeake, and boy are my arms tired!!hehehe. No I told him everything was pretty numb so I could really answer the question. He said it just looks like a bad sprain and to do the usually for the healing process.

So now I get to tell people I screwed up my ankle again, however, this time it was jumping into the Chesapeake Bay in January.




1 comment:

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Poor Joe. I didn't think this was a good idea when you told us about it two week-end's ago. Only Joe. The thought of the Razor-Blade Subway sandwich just came to mind, too. Poor Joe!

-Adrienne