Monday, March 17, 2008

Movin On Up!!!

Well, the day had finally come, my parents move to North Beach to be our new next door neighbors!! That's right, I am not sure if we have mentioned this before in any of our other posts, but my parents bought the house that is right next door to us, there is literally only one house separating us. A lot of people have come up to us and asked "How do you feel about this", and all Christina and I can say is that we are extremely happy that they are moving out of the dorf and into the Norf, hehehe. We are really excited for our new neighbors and we know it is going to be great.

So the move happened this past Saturday and boy was it a move. My dad used his vacation time all of last week to prepare for the move, boxing, labeling, not throwing away his junk, etc... For anyone who has not been to my parents old home, it is a 9 bedroom maze with 5 Full Size (not those tiny tin ones) sheds in the back yard. My dad likes to collect random things that never makes sense to anyone. And I still think he hasn't realized that he moved into a 3 bedroom house now, not 9 anymore.
We were able to get a huge turn out for the event (thanks to DBC) and we had roughly over 20 people come out. We started at 9am and we got finished at 9pm. It took two 26-foot Penske truck loads, and 10 truck loads to finish the job.
Everyone that came out were so great, they never complained, and just worked until it was done. The weather early last week called for downpours all day Saturday and God was definitely listening to our prayers, bc it was absolutely a perfect day.
We had some funny reactions from everyone once they saw my parents old place. A good friend of ours from DBC, Mike Burr, who is also a fellow collector of random items and has 5 garage and 3 storage units full of stuff, said that seeing all my dad's stuff, has "Scared him Straight".
I finally got to fulfill my life-long dream of driving a huge moving truck. Those who were at our house move the previous year remember the incident of the Uhaul Nat zee's. This time we went through Penske and they were great, and driving the huge truck definitely boosted my ego even higher.
A lot of people wondered where we were going to put all of my dad's stuff, bc he did throw away a lot of his stuff, but not A LOT of stuff. Stuff that went into their guest room went, stuff that went into their office went, stuff that went into their master bedroom went, and stuff that went into the basement piled high. He ended up getting a storage unit close to the house as well bc there is still some more organizing left to do.
Once they get everything finalized and they start making it into their own home, I believe it will be the house of their dreams.

From my parents and my family, THANK YOU to everyone that came out this past Saturday and helped out, we appreciated it more than you will ever know.

No comments: