Thursday, March 6, 2008

Weir Weekend!

I know that it is almost the weekend again but I am trying to catch up. It has been a hectic week. I am in my final week of class number 10 out of 12 and I had a final project and a group assignment due on Tuesday. But I am glad that is all behind me at the moment and I can take a quick breather. =)



The cough has still not gone away and I think that I might have actually bruised a rib. It might sound a little crazy but it happens and of course there is nothing I can really take. They are letting me take Tylenol (thankfully) so at least that is something. But hopefully it will go away one day and I will remember what it was like not to cough.



So back to the wonderful "Weir Weekend." Caleb, Adrienne, and Ben came up to visit on Friday evening and stayed until Sunday. It was so great to finally meet him. He was the best little baby ever. He smiled and cooed and did all the little cute things babies do. Joe was able to practice changing poopy diapers and it was so exciting to see how he interacted with Ben. I know he is going to make a great dad. (Caleb is a good example for him ;) ) And Adrienne is a great mommy, I know she will be on my speed dial come August/September. On Saturday we were able to take them to Annapolis to walk around and of course sample the awesome Amish fare. Joe tested out the baby Bjorn and loved it! Ben slept pretty much the whole time so I think he enjoyed it as well. It was very nice of Adrienne and Caleb to let us practice for the upcoming parenthood. We need all the practice we can get! We kept having to explain that he was not our baby, that we were just "borrowing" him and we got some really interesting looks. We were also asked to be Ben's Godparents =) We were very excited and honored. We get the opportunity to watch and be a part of seeing Ben grow into a Godly man and will be praying for him all along the way. We are very blessed to have such great friends and no matter what we have in August I know that they are going to get along great with Little Benjamin Asher!





Joe did very well on his second diaper ever. And don't ask how that happened when he has 2 nieces and a nephew.

Doesn't he look like a little man? He is Calebs mini-me.

I think this was Joe's attempt to smuggle Benjamin. He did eventually let him go but it was hard. =)

We caught Ben in a yawn, but look at how tiny!

No comments: