Monday, September 8, 2008

Thank you Grandma!

Grandma had to go home yesterday. =( We definitely enjoyed her company and the extra hands. She was such a blessing during the first two weeks taking care of both Abigail and I. She was always there doing what needed to get done without me having to say or ask for anything. I was able to just focus on the baby and heal myself. Who knew mom needed a recovery time too!





Thank you Grandma =)

Today was my first "official" day as a mom. Abigail was great, she just got a little fussy and clingy in the afternoon which meant she was almost glued to me. Every time I tried to lay her down she either wanted mommy or needed to be changed. So I was happy when daddy came home =)

3 comments:

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Awwww! Good-Bye Grandma! I got chills when I read this post because it reminded me of when my mom left. It was so bittersweet. You reach a point where you are ready to try the whole parenting thing out on your own, but you really MISS HER!!

Can't wait to see you soon!

megan said...

http://www.wrapnwear.com/...or something similar!! These things are great, I wish I'd gotten one when Clarke (ok, Maebry too) was a newborn.

Garner Gang said...

Thanks for the website Megan. We got an ergo baby carrier and I have been using it around the house in order to get some stuff done... laundry (she goes through the burp cloths like a champ), dishes, bills, and other imensely fun stuff =) It is really nice to have two hands to do stuff and have a quiet baby.