Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Safety Tip #1 from Joe

Well, as you read in a previous post, I got a freakin sweet paintball gun for Christmas.
Recently, we had our monthly youth paintball event at our church this past weekend and I became one with Hammer (as I have given my gun a name). When we were leaving I decided to get my O2 tank refilled so I could do some shooting on the targets my lady put up for me in the backyard.
So we get home, get ready to go back out to some stores, all of a sudden we hear this loud pop and white smoke starts filling up our living room.
As calm as everyone knows I can be in pressure situations, we see that my gun bag is inflated, looking like the chubby girl in the willy wonka movie, and there is smoke coming out of it.
I grab the bag and run outside onto our front porch to let the white smoking bag air outside.
While I tried to unzip the bag, I realize that the smoke is the air in the tank and it is butt cold air, no joke. I unzip the bag and all the freezing white smoke comes rushing out onto my face.
In the bag I had my gun, some long barrels, my O2 tank, etc.
When I was taking everything out of the bag, it was all frozen and my hands started sticking to the stuff when I picked it up. Luckily I had just seen a preview to the new Rambo movie, which is gonna be awesome, and I tried to think like John Rambo, with quick fast movements.
So I quickly grabbed the contents inside the bag and gently laid them on the ground, bc if i walked into my work with a gun barrel frozenly stuck in one hand, and a cleaning solution in the other, I would get even more looks. =)

After further examination of the gear, I found out that my O2 tank must of been overfilled and was kept in a compressed gun bag. So that is what popped, the air in my O2 tank.

I am happy to say that all is back in working condition.

So remember kids, don't get your O2 tanks overfilled, and keep them in a basement.

Hugs not Drugs,
Joe of Garner

No comments: