Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Verdict Is In!!!

We are having.... A GIRL!!! We are still surprised because we were both thinking we were having a boy. The eating habits and mannerisms... but what can you say? She might just be a little tom boy and I am ok with that. She can be a little fighter (mommy's mini Ali) but we are so excited and blessed to have a healthy baby so far.

We went in to do the sonogram today. We got there 30 minutes early (we were both a little anxious and also you NEVER know about the traffic in DC). They tell you to drink 32oz of water before you come and you are not allowed to go to the bathroom. This is torture for a pregnant person. I have to go to the bathroom practically every hour so sitting in the waiting room for 30 minutes just waiting for your name to be called and trying NOT to think about using the bathroom was difficult. I told Joe there were two rules, he was not allowed to tell me he was going to the bathroom and he was NOT allowed to make me laugh. I did make it and they were right on time with the appointment. (thank goodness!!!)

We had prayed before hand for everything to go well and for the people to be really nice. We got one of the nicest persons! She took her time and showed us everything she was looking at and was talking to the baby the whole time. It was really nice. I got really uncomfortable halfway through because it is really hard to lay on your back for very long. So they let me lay on my side. The baby was moving around so much the technician kept having to chase her around. I think she was posing. She has a lot of her daddy in her already. In one of the pictures she was waving her right hand next to her face. She was moving around so much that they were able to get all of the shots they needed. It was like she was posing for the camera saying, "what about this side, or this side..."

They checked her heart, stomach, kidneys, brain and other vital organs and then moved out to the limbs and then checked the face and eyes. Everything was in working order. Her heartbeat was 143 BPM. It was great to listen to the heartbeat, I wish that they could have had it on the whole time we were there. It is very comforting to listen to.

So it looks like I need to get on a budget and sign up for a sewing class because we are definitely having a baby girl. Hopefully we can scan the pictures in and still be able to see the images. The pictures still don't do her justice but they are something to hold on to for the remaining 17-20 weeks or so... =)

The new due date is August 22nd but little Abigail Elizabeth can come whenever she is good and ready.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats!!!
So.. this just means u keep going until u come up with a boy. :)~

Caleb and Adrienne said...

YAY! I'm so happy we have a little wife for Ben. I am going to post pictures of him waiting for his lady soon!

vanessa said...

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU6ojtBW0Qo is the video I was telling you about in Sunday School. I hope you enjoy it :o)

love
vanessa