Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What a surprise!

So I am late again! On July 9th DEA threw Abigail and I a surprise shower!!! I don't know how they pulled it off but they did. I was totally clueless the entire time. I knew that they were throwing me a shower but the flyer I had seen said July 22nd, which would have been today =) Joe played a part along with about 75 other people from DEA, so one thing I have learned from this experience...DEA employees can keep a secret and my husband can tell a lie!

So this was the scenario I was told: Joe had me thinking that we were going to meet the president of his company after work because she wanted to "hand deliver" a baby gift to us. So he convinced me to dress up, because after all this was the president of his company that we were meeting. It sounded legit so of course I went along. Then the day of the shower I had a meeting with the web group in order to finish up the focus group we had been involved with. (there was a little snag with that plan because the actual Rockcreek contractors were not involved in the little plan and when I emailed them a question regarding the meeting and they had no idea what I was talking about, I almost foiled the plan. But they cleaned it up and had me going down another path)
So at 2 pm I walked (waddled) over to the training room with my notebook and was dumbfounded when I walked into a room full of people! I honestly thought for a second before I saw all of the decorations that the focus group had literally tripled and I might have walked into the wrong meeting.
My coworkers did an awesome job decorating and setting up. The theme was animals and they had made this cute clothes line and had made some onesies for Abigail with paint. We played games (word scramble, draw baby Abigail (on your head), and How big is the belly?), ate animal cookies, chicken nuggets, goldfish, etc. and opened gifts. We definitely were spoiled and Abby is going to be set with clothes her entire first year of life =) I can't wait to start dressing her up in all of the cute stuff!
To say the least Abigail and I felt so special and so loved. My ears and face were burning because I think I smiled for over an hour. And Abigail was so excited as well. She would not stop moving the entire car ride home in the afternoon.

I was trying to tie all of the fibs together so I was still trying to figure it all out. I had the panel of accomplices in front of me in order to grill =) After I grilled, I searched for Joe because I knew he had a part in all of it as well! And I wasn't going to go through this by myself. I don't like being the center of attention.

This was the game where everyone had to draw Abigail. And in the back was the clothes line I mentioned before.

The blanket in my hand was made by Maureen (one of my previous SIB bosses=)) Abigail will have this blanket for a very, very long time. It will grow right along with her! We got so many amazing and thoughtful gifts. Her room was just all bags and boxes when we got home!

This was what I had to wear while opening presents. It accidentally fell off about 1/3 of the way through ;)

No comments: