Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A little Insomnia

So we went to the drs again in order to get another opinion on what the rash is and it turns out I was actually correct in my diagnosis. The dr. said I have PUPPS. They went ahead and took a blood sample just to rule out any liver disease but I have all of the symptoms of PUPPS, which is what I tried to tell the other dr. that said I had sensitive skin and definitely not PUPPS. (watch me have that winner in the delivery room =) ) So in order to give me some relief they put me on a dose pack of steriods. Well the steriods have caused some insomnia because it is almost 1 in the morning and I am up blogging because I can't fall asleep. My mind and my body are going about a mile a minute. I have already vaccumed and folded clothes this evening so I have pretty much exhausted my things to do pile. Next up is reading, I am hoping that is going to help some.

I am hoping that all of this wandering around will cause Abby to come a little earlier. I am banking that gravity will have an effect on pushing her out earlier. The only real cure for PUPPS is to have the baby. So the sooner the better in my opinion ;) The dr. guesstimated that she was about 7.5 lbs. And when I say guesstimate he literally grabbed my belly and shook where she was and said it feels like about 7.5 lbs. The miracle of science I tell you! This is why I didn't really want them trying to figure out the weight...

In my mindless wanderings I did go downstairs and discovered not just one kitten in the old crib but two of them. And now they just follow me around wherever I go. I have Hobbes sitting in what is left of my lap. My belly pretty much leaves just my knees available for them to sit on =) It is like they are waiting for a show, they don't want to miss anything just in case something happens.

2 comments:

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Not PUPPS! I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort. You are so close. These last few hours, days or weeks are miserable.

Other things to try (which didn't work for me)- go get a pedicure and have them massage your acupressure pregnancy hot spots
=0). Start eating that spicy food and go for bumpy car rides.....and you know what they say about "marriage activity!".

hehe! Try to enjoy these last few weeks as a couple. Soon you will be a family!

Garner Gang said...

Thanks for the advice Adrienne. We are definitely trying many different tactics. I am hoping gravity will help me out because this rash is not letting me sit down very much. She will be here when she is ready and before we know it!