Monday, August 18, 2008

New Analogy

So now I feel like a ticking time bomb. I don't know when I will go nor do I know how short or long the fuse will be. This makes the decision to go into work difficult. We tried everything again this weekend with not so much luck. The end I am sure is somewhere in sight. I mean she has to eventually come out, right?! I am probably just wishing her to be out too early, but I had a good feeling about this weekend.

The "signs" of labor were fairly positive when I went into my appointment on Thursday. The dr. said I was 2 1/2 cm dialated, 60-70% effaced, and my cervix was soft. So I figured a lot of walking, swimming, and spicy food should do the trick and get me the rest of the way. Since it is Monday I guess I was wrong. Oh well, it is not her time yet, but it will be soon and we just have to wait for her to get ready. This is probably a little weird but I am going to be excited when I start feeling some real pain. I will probably immediately not be excited but I think I am ready ;)

2 comments:

Caleb and Adrienne said...

I disagree with that last line =0) I think that the excitement will still be there with the pain because you know how to work through the first stages of the labor. The excitement may fade temporarily during transition when you feel like there is NO possible way to have that baby come out....but will come right back as soon as it is time to push =0)

The week-end before Ben was born, I REALLY wanted to go! But it just wasn't the right time. My prediction is still that your water is going to break today =0)

hehe....I'm probably VERY wrong, though!

Again....please call us if you or Joe have any questions. It doesn't matter what time- day or night =0)

vanessa said...

The girls told me that you are still suffering from that rash. Have you tried Aveeno bath? It really helped the girls when they had chicken pox.

We are praying for you and if you need anything please please just ask.