Monday, June 23, 2008

Bi-Monthly!

We have now begun the every 2 weeks appointments to the doctor's office. It is now getting serious =) I was really excited about going to this appointment because it was going to be with one of the midwives in the practice. It was actually a really great appointment. She was really nice and answered all of our questions. You could tell that she wasn't one of the "doctors" because she stayed with the patients for a while. Our normal appointment lasts about 5-7 minutes. This time our appointment lasted about 20-25 minutes. She also was very attentive to all of the checks she had to do as well. She listened a while to the heartbeat and talked about what she heard. She said that Abby kept turning around because her heartbeat would get loud and the soft so you could tell she was turning her body. It was really neat because as she talked I could feel it happening. Then she was able to feel what position she was in. Her head was down and she could actually feel it! She talked a lot about nutrition and said that Joe and I were doing all of the right things. My glucose test results were really good (which I figured). When I asked her if she was available for deliveries she said that since she turned 60 she sleeps well at night so the answer was no. But I have Joe as my coach so I think we will be fine. The doctor is only there for the last part anyways. So we just have to pray that we have really nice nurses to work with for the other undetermined amount of time…

2 comments:

megan said...

Midwives are the best!! My practice has 3 that rotate for appointments and deliveries, so I had one of them every time. I'm sure mine was glad that I delivered at 8 pm, so she could get home to bed, hahaha

Caleb and Adrienne said...

I loved 2 week appointments. It really starts to hit home that you will be parents VERY SOON!

You are SO right about your doctor. He just "catches". I forget, have you taken the hospital tour, yet? That can give you some indication of what the nursing staff will be like.