Monday, June 9, 2008

Recap...

So last Wednesday was my birthday and also when Abby and I had to go in for our glucose test. Everything went great. I had to drink this "wonderful" orange flavored drink which was straight sugar! When I went in for my exam the doctor did the heart beat monitor and she was going a mile a minute! We just started laughing because this is what happens to little ones hyped up on sugar. She was very active for pretty much the rest of the day. Since I don't eat a ton of sugar this was just a little too much for her to handle all at once. I still haven't heard my results but I am assuming that no immediate contact shows that the coast is clear...


Joe got permission (actually he was told) to hang out with me and miss youth group. As it turns out it had to be cancelled anyways because there were really bad storms that day. Chesapeake Beach got hit the hardest, a tornado actually touched down in a couple of areas along 261 which is literally only about 2 miles from our house, max. So we were definitely praying on the way home that everything was fine and that hopefully we didn't have to come home to a flooded basement or trees down. Our prayers were answered. So our 2+ hour commute home was a nice birthday surprise. =) Jennifer made dinner. We had Thai Chicken with peanut sauce and broccoli and mushrooms with Jasmine rice. It was really, really good. Joe grilled zucchini and squash on the grill which was wonderful also. And for dessert we had Diane Brown's homemade apple pie with ice cream which was awesome! So Abby and I were eating really good that day =)

For my birthday Joe got me a prenatal massage and pedicure, which is going to be SO NICE! And then he got me a Willow Tree figurine that has a mom holding a baby. It will be going in the nursery. Then as a graduation/birthday present he got me a composter (for the garden). Hopefully I will learn how to properly use it. We have some professionals coming next weekend (aka: my mom and dad) who will be able to show us how I am sure! Which my parents are going to plant a "birthday garden" next to the deck when they come which will be beautiful I am sure. I will share pics after they are done... Jennifer got me a new panini maker because our other one broke, but this one is the unbreakable kind because it is not electric it is more like a skillet that sets on top of the sandwich to squish it down... If that explains it. She also got us some incense sticks and a mommy turtle and baby turtle to hang on the wall in the nursery. So I was definitely taken care of above and beyond on my birthday.

2 comments:

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like it was wonderful. I wasn't pregnant for my birthday....so I missed out on being pampered!

The Townleys said...

I got ADDICTED to those massages. You will feel soooooo good afterwards! Good Job Joe!