Wednesday, June 18, 2008

MD Shower

Last Saturday was my first baby shower. It was very beautiful and so much fun. Angie, Jayna, Peggy and Jennifer all pitched in to help coordinate the event and it turned out great. My mom was able to come up for the party as well as Adrienne and Benjamin! So it was good to see some NC representation. As well as people from NEBF (Joes old job) were able to come down. So there were a lot of people there that I had not seen in a while. There were also a lot of people from our church family that were able to make it out. So it was so nice to have everyone there to celebrate little Abigail. I have to admit that I do not like being the center of attention so after the party Abby and I crashed on the couch from being overwhelmed (in a good way of course). Abby got lots of pretty stuff that she will look so cute in. She also got some very practical things that mommy and daddy were excited about, like her stoller, the breast pump, swing, diapers, wipes, etc. I think that we found out during the shower that daddy went scanner happy in the clothing section when mommy wasn't looking and scanned everything that said, "I love my daddy" on it.

Jennifer coordinated the games and we had people play a baby version of the "price is right", a "word scramble" and then a "guess how many diapers are in the diaper cake"...game. The decorations were done in the animal family theme which turned out really cute. The cake which could have fed 100 people was done in a noah's ark type of them and tasted wonderful.

Before the shower they made me leave the house, so I went to go and get my nails done. This of course might not have been the smartest idea for the whole foot swelling thing. After I had my feet soaking in hot water for about 15 minutes, I pulled them out and they were red and huge! And there really wasn't any turning back at that point. My toenails turned out very pretty though but my feet and legs were making everyone feel sorry for me. Honestly I don't think swelling hurts it just doesn't look that pretty =)



The Sites' got Abby a Penguin Bowling game which is the best of both worlds for Joe. He and Abby will have hours of fun with this game I am sure!


We got so many cute things for her to use. I am sure over time you all will see all of this stuff on her, but the above is a turtle towel with little turtle slippers. I cannot believe the stuff they have these days for little babies. It is all adorable!

More pictures will come hopefully of the rest of the decorations. My mom had taken a few others before the party started...

No comments: