Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bradley Method Class Vol. 5

Well this class definitely stood out in utter grossness. We learned labor 101 and all the fun stuff that comes with it.
We only had to listen to a little bit of hospital bashing this time so it was a nice change. I learned some new coaching tips and tricks to keep Christina calm during labor.
Here's the kicker, so we are sitting down and I finally get comfortable in a chair bc earlier we were going through some technics on massaging our wives while they are in labor, and all of a sudden the teacher goes "Ok, it's time to watch a full labor". I looked at Christina with a very worried look bc the day had finally arrived when I had to do this.
So the video basically starts out with a women in labor and her husband (who was wearing a shirt that said I'm Sorry on it a bunch of times) and they were in the final stages of child birth. The camera man or camera women must of loved their job bc the entire time it was pointed to the end zone waiting for baby to come out. I won't go into much much detail bc Momma and our church friends read our blog, but it was pretty eye opening. We watched as the women dilated to 10 centimeters and we were even lucky to have an extreme close up for when her water bursts. And the best part was, they rewinded it and showed it again in slow motion.
The women was in the squatting position the entire time during this and I don't know how she does it, I hate doing squats at the gym, even for a reps of like 12.
We saw the head of the baby come out, then the shoulders and the rest followed. Once we saw the baby come out, it was beautiful bc just seeing a miracle like that happen, was very awesome. All the blood and liquids was not awesome though.
The worst part came after that is when they pulled the placenta out and I almost threw up, that was horrible. It looked like something from a horror movie that I never want to watch again.
A crazy part in this whole labor movie was the lady had her daughter in the room with her and her dad the entire time and while the preggo was squatting the little girl would squat down too and look under mommy and would say "Yeap, I see a head".

I loved the 1st movie so much that our teach decided to show us another one. This one was just an extreme close up of a women dilating to 10 again.

Maybe next time I can bring in some 3D glasses and get the full effect.

1 comment:

Caleb said...

AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA!